Toes, oh yes. And some small tweaks on the arms to get more anatomy in there. Well, I’ve got the hair sort of blocked in. I tried to use the c4d hair first but I am not even gonna show you those experiments. I became to much of a doll so I wanted to stay with the abstract approach, not that this is a much easier way to do it but it is more consistent in style. it is build up in parts but I think I am going to use Zbrush to dynamesh it all together to get one solid model. To be continued.
The same girl without a name yet… It will come since she seems to stick on me. I reworked the shoes a bit. They came out much better. Another challenge for me was actually to be able to reproduce a character in another pose (sorry about the tiny naughty bit, she just came out this way). I am thinking about recreating her in 3d as well. The drawing really helps in my design think process. I’ve been neglecting that for way to long as I said before.
This time I wanted to try how the coloring would work out in Autodesk Sketchbook. (Trust me I am no fan of autodesk, they focus way too much on profit in stead of the end-user.) I still made the previous sketch in Sketchable however, it seems to be more responsive somehow.
But comparing it to Sketchable I must admit the amount of control over selection and layer transparency was a real treat. Still have to learn a lot of the options but it seems very promising.
I think I have to come to the conclusion that for the rough phase Sketchable is very nice, but for cleaning and working towards a final image I prefer Sketchbook.
I did the outlines in Sketchbook, because of the stroke stabilizer. It is really hard not to jitter on a glass surface. I am not completely happy but this is a matter of practice. I went back to Sketchable to do the coloring. I must remind myself to separate the highlights, fill and shadows but I forgot it in this case. So it is what it is now. It is good to get the feel and overall I am satisfied how this came out. On to the next. 🙂
Here is another time-lapse of a speed sculpt in Zbrush. I started out with a sphere but the first part got lost. The whole sculpt is about three hours. I had no reference so it’s all from my mind. I am really happy with the result.
(the music you hear is; Pantyraid vs Kid Cudi – Pursuit of Beba (Boreta mashup))
Here is the result of refining the speed sculpt.
After the fun and free sculpting comes the tedious task of re meshing the model so it is actually usable for animation or can be used in a game engine. Here is the process of creating the mesh in Zbrush once more with the use of a Zsphere. Sorry for the hard cut on the end in the music, which is from Dr. Auratheft http://siebethissen.net/Dr_Auratheft/Mom_Radio/Re_Boogie_Down.mp3. Some excellent mixes there!
I was playing around with Unity to see what I could do with the engine. I always wanted my own Island, like the rest of all earthlings. So I dove in and this is the result up to now.
The terrain tools in Unity don’t work really well so I created the Heightmap in Geocontrol2, a unique application for making terrains. Takes a while to get used to it but in the end it proved to be very powerful.
If you like you can have a stroll on the island yourself. You do however need to install the Unity3d webplugin. It’s a web build so the graphics are a little toned down. Use WASD to move around and Space to jump.