Still a lot of work to do but the outfit is progressing nicely.
I’ve been working on the hair some more. I did a detail pass in Zbrush and baked out the normal map. I see in this render it just needs a little more refinement and I think I need create a color base with polypaint to break up the solid nature of the hair now. But I am heading in the right direction.
It is funny how Overwatch, a game that I play, seems to creep in to the concept.
So I’ve created the base for the hair on top of the zbrush build up. It proved to be a nice guide to get an idea how to build it up. It still looks like she is wearing bananas but I am sure if I add one more layer of detail it will look good.
Another thing that changed are the teeth. At first I wanted to keep the simple version but with the current texture I felt like she needed some proper teeth. I am really happy with how the eyes turned out.
Next up finishing up the hair and start with her outfit.
I decided to redo the hair and thus went to zbrush to block it in better. Here you can see a timelapse of the process. I am currently retopologising it in #cinema4d.
Since the uv’s were done I was able to start some texture work. (Sorry for the missing Eyeballs, 😉 ). I’ve replaced the eyebrow mesh with just a textured one. This will make it way easier when I create facial shapes for expressions, besides it is much more in style with the original drawing.
Playing around in c4d r19.
With Maxon’s release of Cinema4Dr19 we have Physically-Based Rendering in the viewport as well. It is a real time rendering method which provides you with instant feedback over what your light is doing as well as your Cameralens (Depth of Field). This will be such a timesaver and looks awesome.
To be continued…
PS: A real lesson again. Went out for groceries and the whole Substance Painter crashed on me again. CTRL-S is your best friend! Always SAFE SAFE SAFE! Not all is lost, the base is still there. Well the repetition is a welcome practice I guess.